sábado, 15 de noviembre de 2008



Charles Manson and The Family

the name that Charles Manson give to all his theory of the apocalipsis has Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter

I want to describe the song helter skelter of the Beatles. Mostly for the reason that is a very symbolic song in the life of Charles Manson because he give a meaning to all the lyrics of the song and because he have a theory, that has going to happened a war between black an white people and was going to became in a epic sequence of events, this sequence of events he named helter skelter. Also I am going to describe all the inspiration that Paul McCartney used to compose the song and the recording process.

This is the interpretation of Charlie of the lyrics of the song Helter Skelter:
Lyric: When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide/ Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride.
Meaning: It is a reference to the Family's emergence from "the Bottomless Pit," that is the underground Death Valley hideaway where the group will escape the violence of the Helter skelter.
In British English, helter-skelter is not only the meaning of "confused" or "confusedly" but is the name of a park slide, which this portion of the lyrics suggests is one of the term's surface denotations in the song. There is nothing to indicate Charlie was aware of this meaning.
Lyric: Look out... Helter Skelter... She's coming down fast... Yes she is.
Meaning: The upcoming explosion of race-based violence is imminent. These are the "last few months, weeks, perhaps days, of the old order”. This is the meaning that Charlie gives to the last lyric.
We can see that Charlie really think that this thing can happened and I can describe what Manson think in that moment. I supposed that he can tasted and smell the apocalypses in this song and most of all he can feel the satisfaction of now how to survive to this apocalypse.
The second part that I’m going to talk about the theory that Charles has about the “helter skelter”. To introduce a little bit to history I’m going to tell the theory of Charlie. The first thing that he do was start to convinced people about all his theory, to do this, he recollect people in the death valley, in a ranch with the argument that they were the choose to safe the world. He said that they will get down in the ground and thy will refuge from the attack of the black people, that were going to kill every one white person in the earth and then the black people will loose the control of the earth because the only thing that they now to do was to make the things that the white people do (like the monkeys) so if there were no more white people the black ones were supposed to loose the control of the earth. Then he will become a god with the other 4 Beatles and they will rise up from the earth to the heaven. Finally the 5 will be god to every one in the earth.
Now am going to describe the way that the song was created. This is not a song that is important because of the lyric it is important because the aggressive sound, and the rhythm transmit fear and you get a little bit hypnotized by the guitars, because they carry the same rhythm during all the song, to named in other words it is like a chaos song.
Other important fact in the description of the song helter skelter is the way that the singer sings. He used a sound as loud and dirty as possible, and a the voice experiment different textures some times he used a loud voice some other he used a pacific voice, and this is the way of the Beatles to create this sensation of chaos and craziness.

Helter skelter lyrics:

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and then I go for a ride'
Til I get to the bottom and I see you again, yeh, yeh yeh
Do you, don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you
Tell me, tell me tell me, c'mon tell me the answer
Well you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer.
Now Helter Skelter, Helter Skelter, Helter Skelter, yeah ...a
-Will you, won't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast, but don't let me break you
Tell me, tell me, tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer.
Look out! Helter Skelter, Helter Skelter, Helter Skelter, oooh...
Look out, 'cause here she come ...
When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
And I stop and I turn and then I go for a ride
And I get to the bottom and I see you again, yeh, yeh yeh
Well do you, don't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast, but don't let me break you
Tell me, tell me, tell me your answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer Look out!
helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelterLook out!
Helter Skelter ... she coming down fastyes she is
yes she iscoming down fast oh now helter skelter ...
woo hooo(yelled)I got blisters on my fingers!

1 comentario:

Sokoloff dijo...

It´s a great blog, I liked the part that speaks about the Helter Skelter, very extrange but instersting theory, great job.